Previously Owned Hotels & Resorts
Arizona Biltmore Resort
In 1992, Grossman Company Properties purchased the struggling resort out of bankruptcy and began an extensive renovation and expansion. GCP executed and funded a $60 million renovation plan that included:
- Complete remodel of every Guest Room and Suite
- Addition of a state-of-the-art Resort Pool Complex
- Addition of a 16,000 sq. ft. Conference Facility
- Modernization and complete renovation of the Lobby and Public Areas
- Construction of a 20,000 sq. ft. luxury Health Club & Spa
- Construction of 122-room Arizona Wing
- Development and construction of 80 luxury Two-Bedroom Villas
In 1994, GCP assumed the management of the Arizona Biltmore. As a result of the resort’s comprehensive renovation and extremely high emphasis on guest service, the Arizona Biltmore was restored to its former glory and, in 1996, received the Urban Land Institute’s prestigious Heritage Award for Excellence and became the subject of feature articles in The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Architectural Digest and numerous other well known publications.
In 1999, Grossman sold its interest in the Arizona Biltmore to Wayne Huizenga’s Florida Panthers for a valuation of approximately $350 million making it, at the time, the largest commercial transaction in Arizona.
Courtyard by Marriott
- 143 fully appointed guest rooms
- 12 guest suites
- 4 meeting rooms totaling 1,700 sq. ft.
- Heated swimming pool and fitness center
- Courtyard Breakfast Café